jueves, 26 de noviembre de 2009

An informal letter

4 Passatge Puerto Rico
Olot
17800
1st October


Dear Silvia,
I’m going to tell you how I celebrate New Year’s Eve. Since I was a child my parents have a big dinner at home. Every year my aunt and my cousins come, my father’s aunt and my father’s uncle, my parent’s friends (they’re a couple) and us (my father, my mother, my brother and me).


First I help my mother to prepare all the things. My mother cooks, me and my brother tidy up the dining room and the kitchen and my father helps my mother. At half past nine my family and my parent’s friends usually arrive. Then we talk, we tell some jokes and when it’s ten o’clock we start dinner. We usually finish dinner a half an hour before midnight. After dinner, we switch on the TV and we watch some funny programmes. They usually broadcast summaries of funny things that had happened throughout the year. When it’s five to twelve we are already watching the TV with 12 grains of grapes. When the bells are ringing, I don’t know why but I start laughing and I can’t eat all the grapes at time. After that, it is the beginning of a new year. We kiss each other and we start dancing, singing… But I want to go out with my friends and I leave home more or less at half past twelve.


Last year, my friends and I, didn’t know what to do in New Year’s Eve because we weren’t 16 years old to go to the disco so we decided to go for a walk.
I think I’m not going to go out this New Year’s Eve because I work in a restaurant and those days there’s a lot of work.


Well, this is all I do on New Year’s Eve. Tell me what is your favourite festival or special occasion you and your family celebrate every year.
Write soon,


Marc

No hay comentarios: